- We chose the best located spot at Copal kite beach:
- the more upwind and safer area
- Launching/landing spot also with high tide
- private car parking a few meters behind the launching spot
We have the only spot at the kite beach without the necessity to walk with the kite gear
- 250 mts long flat water at the reef (slightly upwind from our spot) for freestyle
- 2 kms away from Bolaños island
- 1.5 mts high wind waves, downwind the kite beach for wave riding
- The kite beaches Papaturro and Copal are 1.5 kms long each of them, without “shore break” waves, so very safe.
- The Hotel is only 250 mts. away from the kitebeach Papaturro and a free shuttle take you to Copal beach. You can also drive with your car through our private entrance, or walk along the beach for 17 minutes and we take your gear to the kitebeach.
- There are no people or boats around you to worry about. There are maximum 25 kiters in the water at the same time.
- The water is fairly flat, choppy only with more then 20 knots.
- The wind is Side on Shore which is very friendly and safe for kite surfers.
- This place is one of the best spot in the world as far as number of windy days in the year!
- The only 2 months when the wind is not so good are September and October.
- At night, after dinner we’ll hang out together at the Restaurant area, listening music, playing table football. Tomorrow will be another windyday…!!
Check our information about the kitesurfing lessons that we offer !!!
As any place in the world, a kiters need to know a good forecast web site of the spot.
We usually check 3 of them that are the most accurate for Bahia Salinas:
VERY IMPORTANT! Add 50% more to the WINDGURU forecast cause they don’t take in consideration the Venturi effect and the thermal wind.
The reality is that there aren’t bad wind months and the spot is basically kiteable all year around. Only during the hurricane season on the Caribbean (June-October), the wind can turn off, especially in September and October. Wind blows around 300 days per year!
The windiest months of the year are January, February and March. Note that in these month wind can be up to 35/40 knots for a couple of days per week!