Costa Rica is a beautiful country and it’s perfect for enjoying water sports: it has a fantastic kitesurfing & windsurfing spot located in the bay called Bahia Salinas, on the north pacific coast in the Guanacaste province, the sunniest and driest side of Costa Rica. Around this bay there are very beautiful and little-unknown beaches perfect for snorkelling after an epic kite session. The bay is also home to an island (Isla Bolanos) with a white beach and turquoise water, famous because it is an important nesting spot for birds. You can also enjoy half mile of reef with complete flat water. Here it’s common to kitesurf among giant turtles and pelicans. You have plenty of space around you to kitesurf surrounded by untouched nature!Kite surfing is an incredible experience! You can fly on the water up to 10 meters (30 feet) high and easily plain, stopping at all limitations due to metereological conditions or to the sea: you can always enjoy yourself, jumping and realizing acrobatics. ….but this sport can be dangerous if people try to attempt it without knowledge!! A course is really suggested to avoid risks and frustrations.
- The kite beaches Papaturro and Copal are almost 2 km long without “shore break” waves, so there is more space.
- The Hotel is only 250 mts. away from the kitebeach Papaturro and a free shuttle take you to Copal beach
- There are no people or boats around you to worry about There are maximum 20 kiters in the water at the same time.
- The water is fairly flat, choppy only with more then 20 knots.
- The wind is Side on Shore which is very friendly and safe for kite surfers.
- This place is one of the best spot in the world as far as number of windy days in the year!
- At night, after dinner we’ll hang out together at the Restaurant area, listening music, watching videos and the pictures of the day. Tomorrow will be another windyday…!!